Hi Scott:

The is the log output:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] .vnc]# more ensim.rackshack.net:1.log
Xvnc: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot
open shared object file
: No such file or directory
xrdb: Connection refused
xrdb: Can't open display 'ensim.rackshack.net:1'
xsetroot:  unable to open display 'ensim.rackshack.net:1'
AfterStep: can't open display ensim.rackshack.net:1
[EMAIL PROTECTED] .vnc]#

Is this library meant to be installed from XFree86 installation ? I have no
clue what this library is for. Where do I get it from ?

Cheers

Louis.

--snip--

> Local Network:
> If I start vncserver multiple times on the linux local machine, I always
get a
> new display number.
>
> Live Server Box:
> Starting vncserver multiple times I keep getting the same X desktop
display
> number, i.e 1 . This tells me that starting the vncserver is probably
dying
> straight away. So when I try to connect via the vncviewer remotely the
> connection is not there so it keeps giving connection not found.

What does the log file say?
Its located in ~/.vnc/

Cheers,

Scott