sorry about the now-post-problem response ;).. but for future
reference..

i've seen this on rh8 after updating to mozilla 1.3b and using ximian
evolution 1.2.2. To solve it i tried running the 'wombat' binary, which
then reported it couldnt run because it couldnt find libssl3.so.

It turned out the updated mozilla rpm had installed libssl3.so in
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.3b, not /usr/lib/ which is where the earlier versions
had installed it. Solution was just to add /usr/lib/mozilla-1.3b to
/etc/ld.so.conf.

It's certainly an ambiguous error.

al