On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:47:50PM +1100, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>
> > So how can I get artsd (or similar) to send the audio to both
> > machines' sound cards at once?
>
> Media streaming.  Hunt around for some MP3 jukebox software, most are quite
> capable of doing it.  Just point both machines at the same stream.
> Multicast preferred.

AFAIK (happy to be corrected), this only plays the music at
approximately the same time (give or take a few seconds, due to
buffering etc).  Which is probably not what you want, if you could
hear both computers at the same time.

We tried this at a lan, it was ugly.

A hardware fix would be wiring your audio through the two unused pairs
of your network cable.

cheers,
Woody