On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 04:19:08PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Dave Kempe">
>
> > What happens if no one else is nominated?
>
> ... and the constitution says:
>
>   "If insufficient further nominations are received, any vacant positions
>   remaining on the committee are taken to be casual vacancies."

Can the committee appoint people to casual vacancies, or do they require
a little election? [To those with a long memory: yes, I authored most of
the recent changes to the constitution, no, my memory is not as long as
yours ;)]

Anyway, better than my casual analysis suggested. The world as we know
it shall continue largely unchanged, except for supplying Jan with more
nubile young food.

-Mary