On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 06:48:25PM +1100, I wrote:

> and there's a more recent version of the patch that it refers to (which
> I haven't tried yet) at:
>
>     http://knihovny.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmware/vmware-any-any-update25.tar.gz
>
> I've used v23 of the patch and it works, sort of, but it doesn't fix
> the error message when shutting down the VM.

Well I tried this patch today and it works fine running win2000 on
rh7.3 with a 2.4.18-24.7.x kernel.  There's no error message when
shutting down, just the usual warning about the cpu having been
disabled.

> My host-only networking is broken (outgoing packets appear on the
> network, incoming packets don't reach the VM), but it might not be
> related to this patch.

The new patch has fixed my networking problem too, so now my VM can see
the entire network and not just the host it's running on.

Cheers,

John
--
whois [EMAIL PROTECTED]