Hi Brad,
firstly, try setting the log to (almost) everything, then trying again.
ie: ppp> set log local Phase command chat (anything else usefull)
then check through the huge amount of cruft for where the connection actually dies.

also, have you tried connection manually to see exactly what is happening?

it could also help if we could see your ppp.conf

arthur

Brad Kowalczyk wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to setup my NETCOMM Roadster II modem to run under Linux (RedHat7.3) but without any luck. I have created an account with all the correct ISP details etc, and the modem dials and connects to the server but I get a timeout with pppd, during authentication I think. I had the same trouble with Mandrake 9.0, any ideas?

cheers,

Brad