> <quote who="Jon Biddell">
>
> > Which is a prime example of why the list should be changed to
> > "subscribers only can post" - it would LESSEN the workload on our
> > overworked list
> > admins...:-)
>
> I disagree - not only is this a bad example of the point, but
> changing the list to subscribers-only would not lessen the
> administrative workload.
>
> It's a bad example because it's exactly the sort of activity
> that would get around the subscriber-only restriction. If a
> spammer subscribes, then there's nothing stopping them from posting.

I can see your point in one respect - but if they do subscribe, admins
CAN kick them off and we don't get the mail.

Yes I know this adds more work for the admins - you're right about that.

Yeah its not all that much - but none is better than a little I guess.

So I guess I disagree and agree! :) That's my 2c... Its not worth that
much tho!

AW.