At Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:55:09 +1100, Anthony O'Hara wrote:
> I'm in the process of creating a corporate address book
> with OpenLDAP.
>
> Outlook XP appears to ignore the majority of LDAP's objects,
> so, I was wondering if anyone had any urls that might lead to
> a complete list of allowable/useable objects under Outlook XP.?
> I've google'd till I was blue in the face and can only find
> (at best) very incomplete lists.
>
> Specifically, I'm trying to find which object populates the 2nd
> business number and perhaps the company name.. (o: <company name>
> results in nothing..)

get slapd to dump the query the client is sending:

shutdown slapd, then start it again with: "slapd -d 32"
(i think 32 should be sufficient.  if not, tweak it a bit - grep for
"debug" in slapd.conf(5))

from that output you should be able to work out what ldap query
outlook just sent.  stick something in those attributes and see what
outlook does with them.

note that last time i tried, not all outlook addressbook values were
availble through ldap.

--
 - Gus