At Sat, 29 Mar 2003 11:32:03 +1100, J A Barton wrote:
> Firstly, the date. When checked from the srm console the date is
> correct, however from debian..
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ date
> Sun Mar 29 11:29:11 EST 2065
> ^^^?--------------------^^^^????
> does anyone have any ideas other than forcing the date back 20yrs and a day?

if you're using a 2.2 kernel, try a 2.4 one.  i found 2.4 had much
fewer quirks on my multia.

> And finally, the petty question... Is there anyway of shortening the
> keystrokes to boot into debian? I have set the options from the srm
> console, so that a simple >>>>boot will boot the harddrive, but then i
> get an aboot> prompt to pick a kernel, and seeing as i have only the
> one, it seems a bit pointless.
> ( ideally i want this to be headless, so few / none keys to boot would
> be better )

i have mine booting (from srm/aboot) without needing a keypress.  i
can't remember how though ;)

you can pass aboot some arguments to skip the aboot prompt, and you
can specify those arguments in an srm variable somewhere.

iirc to go straight into booting, i had to modify one of the srm
startup scripts.  i remember it being reasonably straightforward once
i started poking around the srm "filesystem".

--
 - Gus