The easist way to do it is to:

1. fdisk to make the partitions on the new disk
2. create the filesystem (different tools for diferent fs)
3. mount the disk in some temporary space eg /mnt/home2
4. copy all the data over from /home to /mnt/home2 ensuring that you
maintain file permissions
5. edit fstab so that /home mounts on the new device
6. for safety mv /home /home_old (you can delete if everything is okay
later)

alternatively you can copy all the data across and symlink /home to
the new location.

Brett