Hi All,

I'd like to thank Adam Hewitt for his time and effort in preparing his
email to me.  I have read the document several times and tried out
different things on the crapper.  So now to the real deal.

Before I start on Adam's "Tutorial" I'd just like to know what
architecture is recommended for an AMD Athlon XP 1700.

It seems a shame to stick with an unoptimised i386 package, redhat have
an optimised -athlon' kernel which I think uses i686 which is actually
written for pentium processors and i586 is pentium and K6, but a K6 and
XP processor are worlds apart.

Your experiences and recommendations are most welcome.  Upgrade starts
at 17:00 hours.

Regards

Mick