Hi All,

Took Jeff's advice and considered my current situation ... (ie, two kids under
3 years and self employed = read!  when?) and reinstalled redhat 8.0 which I
can at least find my way around in.  I have Debian on another machine so that
I can play around with that and I have found a guy in Wollongong who is
willing to teach all that is Debian (when his first Semester Uni exams are
over).

I have two questions I'd like to post.  The first is

What Linux Anti-Virus are you using?

Second question relates to a weird problem in Redhat 8.0 with sound.  It works
under gnome but not under KDE?  It's the same AC97 card that I was fooling
with in Debian.

On a final note, I did get sound working under debian, I reinstalled debian,
pressed F3 key, used the bf24 image ran sndconfig and listened to some mp3s.

I'll keep you posted from time to time on how I go

Regards

Mick