1. OpenOffice writer will open MSWord files and retain the formatting
unless its really out of left field.

2. Print to PDF from print menu.

3. OpenOffice uses macros so you maybe able to automate the process.

I use Linux on my laptop in a Windows workplace environment and this keeps
me compatible!

Cheers

Laurie

--