<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

> Well, I'm not going to answer your question :-) but coincidentally
> I was searching for drivers for my radeon8500 just a few minutes
> ago and noticed they haven't updated their drivers for xfree 4.3.0.

I use the following apt line for my 8500:

# Xserver debs
deb http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk-sid/ ./

It provides a 4.3.0 DRI config which works very well. There are a few
errors for certain 3D scenes, but for the main cases it is perfect.

J.
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Homer: "No TV and No Beer make Homer something something"
Marge: "Go Crazy?"
Homer: "Don't mind if I do! aaaarrrarrgghar!"