I have a website with an SSL certificate, running on Red Hat 9, Apache
2.0.40, and with mod_ssl 2.0.40, all stock rpms, latest up2date too.

Mozilla pops up the cert warning dialog when you visit the site, alerting
you that there is no chain to a trusted root certificate.  Clicking on the
"view" button confirms that the SSLCertificateChainFile hasn't been sent to
the browser, there is only the client's own certificate listed.

The SSL configuration has been checked several times, it's exactly the same
configuration as other sites running on Red Hat 8.0 and 7.3 with their stock
apache + mod_ssl rpms.  Even tried copying a known good certificate that was
issued from the same CA on a 7.3 machine to this 9 machine, and still only
the client cert without a chain cert is sent to the browser.

I'm wondering if anyone's encountered this before, whether anyone thinks
it's a mod_ssl bug or an openssl bug, or anything.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg