> I have just moved my Mandrake 9.1 installation to a larger hard drive.

> The only problem is that although Diskdrake shows the new partitions at
> the new sizes, df still reports the old sizes and free space. It appears
> that the file systems have not grown to fit the new partitions. Is there
> anything that I can do to fix this, or do I have to start again?

The utility 'resize2fs' can resize ext2 and ext3 filesystems to take up the entire partition without losing any data (but backup beforehand just to make sure.  :-)  By default, it will grow the filesystem to fill the partition.  'man resize2fs' will have more details.

Knoppix includes resize2fs, which makes it easy to boot up off the CD and resize the partitions on the hard-drive.

If you're using reiser fs, try using the resize_reiserfs utility instead.

 - Doug