Hi,

You say "it stops" but really you need to say what it does - you're
assuming it stops.  For instance, it might switch to a video mode that
doesn't show you the prompt you expect and blithely waits for you to
login as you always have.

What do you see up until "it stops", what do you see when "it stops",
and has it ever worked before?  Is this a change in a working system, or
an install that didn't complete successfully?

If it was working, what did you attempt last (that changed something so
the outcome is different now)?

Cheers,
Bret

bwaldow at alum.mit.edu