no i don't believe so. i use uwimapd (mailfile not maildir) and state is maintained when viewing through different clients, in fact different clients on different machines.

brett

Adam Hewitt wrote:
I dont know about the Maildirs but I think you will find that it is
actually the client that knows whether the mail has been read or not. I
remember formatting my PC and reinstalling before and when I checked my
mail they were all unread.

Adam.