G'day GripZ... err Grant and all...

Actually it's the MYOB locking methodology rather than the MS Windows behaviour ...

Warmest regards

Mike
---
Michael S. E. Kraus
Network Administrator
Capital Holdings Group (NSW) Pty Ltd
p: (02) 9955 8000

Grant Parnell - EverythingLinux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

12/07/2003 01:26 PM

        To:        Stuart Guthrie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: [SLUG] Win4Lin & MYOB - is it really this bad?

Just out of curiousity, are you using the vnet setup or the other one? I
think for this situation the Win4Lin would probably benefit from having
it's own IP address. At least it's something to try to benchmark. A quirky
alternative might be to smbmount the relevant directory on the server
itself but I'm thinking this won't help since it's the Window's locking
behaviour you're trying to trigger but you never know till you try.

--
Grant Parnell - senior consultant