On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 14:44, David Fitch wrote:
<snipped>
> but it's no good if there's multiple machines behind the one
> firewall.  Surely the edonkey people have thought of that...
> (I would've thought it could just use the http proxy like
> other things such as realaudio et al)

The only thing the http proxy is used for is fetching lists of running
edonkey servers. Everything else is done via the other ports.

Even if you are behind a firewall/nat you should be able to connect to
an edonkey server (but probably not overnet as they don't have servers).
You may get bumped by some servers though as they cannot connect back to
you.

Just for laughs, try running (Windows) netmeeting behind standard NAT.

Cheers,
Malcolm V.