Be a little careful.  If the user's home directory is accessible from the
web then various dot files in their home directory might become
accessible.  If you don't trust the users then you might not even want to
give them access to what the system thinks of as their home directories.

My preferred solution is to use ncftpd as my ftp server which gives far
more configurability than most ftp servers, and should make it easy for
you to set the default directory on log in, and access to different
directories without messing with the user's home directory in /etc/passwd.

Andrew McNaughton

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           In Sydney
                            Working on a Product Recommender System
[EMAIL PROTECTED]