At Mon, 28 Jul 2003 10:36:38 +1000, Peter Chubb wrote:
>       I'm trying to set up a backup strategy.  What I want to find
> is all the configuration files for the various installed packages.
> Some are obvious (/etc/apache/http.d.conf, /etc/passwd) Others are not
> (/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/MoinMoin/config.py).
>
> Is there a way of extracting from the dpkg information a list of all
> changed configuration files?  Dpkg must know this info...

Those files tagged as conffiles are listed in
/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.conffiles, but there doesn't seem to be any way
to know if one has changed (without unpacking a .deb and diffing).

The debconf database is also a good thing to back up, its
/var/cache/debconf/{config,passwords}.dat  (by default).

--
 - Gus