This one time, at band camp, Voytek Eymont wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 27, 2003, Voytek Eymont wrote:
>> > what do I now need to reload the (new) kernel...?
>> > reboor or what else ?
>>
>> Reboot.
>
>is there any 'special' way to reboot to specify new kernel...?
>
>I rebooted, but, RHN keeps telling me to 'update the kernel'

So, when you up2date, are you actually installing the kernel or is it
telling you that the package is being skipped because of the configuration?

Try up2date -f kernel from the commandline.

Red Hat 9 uses grub by default, and the kernel packages "just work" when
they're installed, you should be able to reboot and the new kernel will be
listed first in the bootloader menu.  Is there anything different about your
configuration?

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           http://spacepants.org/jaq.gpg