On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 03:05:16PM +0000, Voytek Eymont wrote:
> I just tried to run a whois on a com.au domain, and, what I got was:
>
> -------
> [<echidna>-]whois aname.com.au
>
> BLACKLISTED: You have exceeded the query limit for your IP address and have been
>  blacklisted. This restriction will be removed in 24 hours.
>
> %%% End of referred query result

It looks to me like whois.aunic.net is having troubles with it's IP
blacklisting - it's giving me the same result, and I've certainly not been
doing many whois queries in the past day or so (and I'm on a fixed IP, so
it's not a dynamic IP problem).

If you ask whois.ausregistry.net.au directly you get the info OK, so I'd
just do that and ignore aunic (for com.au enquiries, anyway).

I guess whois should be patched to ask ausregistry for .com.au domains...

- Matt