On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 03:26:34PM +1000, Bill Bennett wrote:
> You can't undelete a file in Linux. Is this because the file
> has been shredded? I ask not because I want to undelete, but
> because I have some sensitive data files that I have deleted
> and *don't* want resurrected at any later date.

You might want to check out libtrash

http://www.m-arriaga.net/software/libtrash/

<snip>
This is the homepage of libtrash, a shared library which, when
preloaded, implements a trash can under GNU/Linux. This way, your
mistakes (at least those of the "rm -rf dir /" class :-)) will no longer
cause the loss of a week's work or your system's binaries.
</snip>

--

Rene Cunningham
DCLabs Pty Ltd