From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 12 August 2003 12:24 PM
To: Andar Broment
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Experience with emulators.

I'm amazed that people keep talking about vmware so much... :)

Especially when there is the bochs project for free... in addition to the plex86 project...

See http://bochs.sourceforge.net/ and http://plex86.sourceforge.net/

I use bochs to run MS Access for a uni project.

WINE is the way to go though, as it runs MS Windows applications very quickly, whilst running a virtual machine (eg bochs, plex86, vmware, etc) is very resource intensive (less so with plex86) and quite slow - probably frustrating when wanting to use an app like CorelDraw. (It can be hard to draw with jerky mouse movements.)

Not too mention that you must pay for vmware, in addition to paying for a MS Windows license.

Warmest regards