On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 04:06:04PM +1000, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 09:29, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 06:37:12AM +1000, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:
> > > In my debian, I couldn't find 'ldap.conf' file in my debian box. Is this
> > > will have a big impact on my server?
> >
> > The config file for the openLDAP utilities is kept in /etc/ldap/ldap.conf on
> > Debian systems.
>
> i also checked that folder and I still cant find ldap.conf, even I do
> 'locate ldap.conf' If I create the file manually, will it have impact?

As long as the syntax is right, it'll be OK.  It should have been installed
by libldap2, though.

> > > After running the LDAP server with slapd.conf, I was hoping that I can
> > > export my local groups and user into LDAP. But after I run the server
> > > and query from it, it looks like that I only have 3 organisation
> > > structure (ou): Admin, People, Roaming.
> > >
> > > The ou(s) are made from schema that we imported inside slapd.conf, and I
> > > think I import the necessary schema file already, at least the most
> > > common ones.
> >
> > For doing user/group serving, you'll need core, cosine, and nis.
> >
> > The OUs you need but don't have will (I think) be created by PADL's
> > excellent migration tools (debian package 'migrationtools').  Failing that,
> > they're pretty simple to add manually from the OUs you already have.
>
> I did import those schemas, but still, I only have 3 ous (Admin, Poeple,
> Roaming) and it makes me wonder why only those 3 came out. How to fix

<tap tap tap>  Is this thing on?  As I said, the migration tools should take
care of making the necessary OUs if they aren't already there.  The OUs
created already are those needed by the default Debian slapd config.

> this? If I create other ous manually, how can I do that? And how about

ldapadd is your friend.  man is your best friend.

> the schemas that I've imported in slapd.conf?

What about them?  schema != DN.

- Matt