Ramon Buckland was once rumoured to have said:
> The 56k Realports were great
> (and very reliable .. no breakage on the dongle of course).
>
> Not too sure if you can still get them in modem only form,
> and xircom were always more expensive.

I believe Xircom now makes the "Realport2" family - one of which is
probably a modem.

I personally never liked the realport cards - they took up too much space.
(Whatever happened to being able to plug in a wireless card and a modem at
the same time?  Or a modem and CF adapter?  etc.  You get the idea).

I personally use a old Hayes 28.8 PCMCIA modem with dongle-style line
terminator which I got VERY cheaply second hand.  I haven't really had a need
for anything faster than 28.8k on the move when ethernet hasn't been
available. :)

C.