SLUG,

We've already had a few entries for the competition but there's still a
few days to go. To see existing entries head to:
http://www.slug.org.au/gallery/sluglogocomp/

For your chance to win $100 and to have your logo design used for SLUGs
website (and future tshirts or caps) get creative then send your logos
to us ASAP!

Entry is open to all interested parties, SLUG members and otherwise.
Design a logo considering the few points we have added below and send
your entries to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  You can enter as many different
logos as you wish.

Entries close 22nd of August and a short list of the entries will be
presented at the August meeting (August 29th).  The final decision will
be made at this meeting by the financial members  (So bring your
membership cards along). Prizes include book gift vouchers. First prize
for $100, two other prizes for $50.

There are more details at http://slug.org.au/~jaime/logocomp/

DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS:
Try and create the logo as a scalable/vector type graphic so that it can
be put on T-Shirts and caps or made into huge posters in the future.

All entries need to be licenced for (at least) free use by SLUG.  The
SLUG committee would like to suggest the Creative Commons Attribution
Share-alike license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/)  --
we will email anyone who submits an unlicenced entry to clarify their
licencing rather than refuse to accept their entry.

Limiting the number of colours and simplified designs could allow for
cheaper/easier printing.  Please try and enter a full colour, black on
white or white on black version of your design.

A website design contest will be held after the winning logo is chosen
(so that designers can design using the winning logo).

So start getting creative and email us your logos!!

Jaime
(from the)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]