Hi people,

I'm running woody and installed from a cd set. For some time I have been puzzled by the fact that my /apt/get/sources.list file lists the 3 cds I have as unstable. This has puzzled me for a while since I thought that cds were all stable. So I mounted one of the cds and looked at it. In the dists directory there are three links - stable, testing, unstable - to the a directory named woody which then has the directories contrib etc.

So my question(s) is - can I just change the entries in my sources.list file to stable? I have already suffered a mini disaster with apt so want to be careful.

Cheers, Alex