On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Robert Collins wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 17:54, Angus Lees wrote:
> > At Tue, 26 Aug 2003 23:40:40 +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> > > I'm dubious about 'vastly more versatile' - that quite unsubstantiated.
> >
> > For example, you can't use random perl functions to control squid's
> > behaviour.  You can with apache+mod_perl, which in my book counts as
> > "vastly more versatility".
>
> Sure you can. You can use perl, python, shell, smalltalk .... anything
> that can sit on an io loop.
>
> You don't have access to -all- of squids innards any more than you do in
> apache, but you most certainly can control the behaviour - access
> control, request rewriting, user identification, bandwidth allocation in
> perl.

One setup I did with apache, mod_proxy and mod_perl was a proxy which sat
in front of a web server and re-wrote the character set of the content
(including http requests) based on the value of a cookie.

Are such things possible with squid?

Andrew McNaughton

--

No added Sugar.  Not tested on animals.  May contain traces of Nuts.  If
irritation occurs, discontinue use.

Andrew McNaughton           In Sydney
                            Working on a Product Recommender System
[EMAIL PROTECTED]