I'd like to setup Postifx for handling multiple mail virtual hosts,
I need to be able to support multiple same.user.name @ different vhosts as
different email accounts

i.e. [EMAIL PROTECTED] is different email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

the end users and domains do NOT have another mail server at their site,
they all POP retrieve mail from this server.

all MX records point to this server
no user connect directly to the server, POP only, and SMTP is handled by
their ISP

so far, I've installed Postifx with /Maildir support, and, now I'm looking
at creating virtual host support, and, (virtual) users @virtual hosts.

looking at Blum's Postfix book (SAMS 2001) it tell me:

------
Ch.11 Configuring Postfix as an ISP Mail Server.
Configuring Postfix for Virtual Domains

..you can use three different methods...:

- receive mail for an entire V domain;
- receive mail for individual users in v domain;
- use transport lookup table for v domains
-----

this basically implies I should use the 'transport table' method

Q: am I heading in the right direction so far ?

under a 'Caution' warning, Blum's warns of 'potential duplicate user names
when using 'transport table' method':

Q: should I then be creating system user names for virtual mail host
in the 'fully qulified email address' format of:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

with corresponding

/home/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Maildir
/home/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/Maildir

?

any help, suggestions, pointers, references and sample config files
appreciated

Voytek Eymont