linux mem=512M noprobe
At the boot prompt hit F4 for kernel arguments.

~~~ I’m online, therefore I am! ~~~

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris Barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Redhat 9 install
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 10:05:24 +1000

I'm no expert, but I thought there was an arguement you could pass to the
boot loader to specify the ammount of memory the setup program should
use....

I cant remember how to do it, but basically instead if just hitting enter
when the cd-rom boots, i think you type something like linux mem=64 or
something like that...check the help screen when the cd-rom boots.

This MIGHT fix the problem.

I have experienced similar problems to what your describing, but not because
of alot of memory, it was because of faulty memory, so you might want to
make sure your memory isn't ill.