On Thu, Sep 11, 2003 at 03:55:39PM +1000, Jon Biddell wrote:

> I can see what Richard is saying - if we can't stop it at the source
> (i.e. the slug server), then you need something that can delete spam

What we don't know is how many spams the filters stopped.  No filter is
perfect, but if they've caught 99% then we really don't have any right
to complain about the 1% that got though.

Given that I get something like 150 spams a day to one of my email
addresses (it comes to me via an old .forward to which I no longer have
access and have been unsuccessful in having removed), an average of 1.5
per day from slug + slug-chat is pretty damn good in comparison.

> BEFORE it leaves your ISP.

Or better still, be before it leaves the spammers machine.

Cheers,

John
--
whois [EMAIL PROTECTED]