Hi all
Linux runs the athlon 1.2GHz in this box to a steamy 46.5C , while in w'doz with CPUCool is a much cooler 32C. Without CPUCool, w'doz runs at ~same temp as linux: 46.4C.
This is with kernel compiled for athlon from 2.4.19-16mdk, and with no load.

I thought linux put the processor into automatic halt when there are no processes running.
maybe I missed something when configuring to compile the kernel.
this is done in w'doz by inserting Hex EB into PCI register 52
how can this be achieved in Linux with athlon processor so my box can be cool now summer is coming up fast?
TIA
Russell
---
Free Antivirus @  http://www.grisoft.com/