pesoy misak wrote:

Dear All

I have setup samba that suppose to be a PDC Controller
I have setup according to the Manual and the
http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/esdd/tutorials/samba
which are good tutorials

here are all the list of all my smb.conf
[global]
workgroup = mynetwork netbios name = debianserver
server string = %h server (Samba %v)
; load printers = yes
; printcap name = /etc/printcap
; printing = bsd
; guest account = nobody
invalid users = root
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 1000
; syslog only = no
syslog = 0
security = user
encrypt passwords = true ; include = /home/samba/etc/smb.conf.%m
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
local master = yes
os level = 64 domain master = yes preferred master = yes ; wins support = no
; wins server = w.x.y.z
dns proxy = no
; name resolve order = lmhosts host wins bcast
; preserve case = yes
; short preserve case = yes
unix password sync = true passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
; pam password change = no
; message command = /bin/sh -c '/usr/bin/linpopup
"%f" "%m" %s; rm %s' &
obey pam restrictions = yes
; winbind uid = 10000-20000
; winbind gid = 10000-20000
; template shell = /bin/bash
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
logon drive = H:
logon home = \\%L\%U\.profile
logon script = netlogon.bat
add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g
1000 -s /bin/false -M %u
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no writable = yes create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700
[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /home/samba/netlogon
guest ok = yes
writable = no
share modes = no
write list = yosep [documentation]
comment = Samba server's documentation
writable = no
public = yes
path = /usr/share/doc [storage]
comment = Samba server's application
writable = yes
public = no create mode = 0775
browseable = yes [application]
comment = Samba server's application
writable = yes
public = no create mode = 0775
browseable = yes
[profiles]
path = /home/samba/profiles
writeable = yes
browseable = no
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700

I have update the xp local security policy and update
the registry and the problem is when I tried to
changed the workgroup into the domain mynetwork.
login box has been displayed and I type the user and
the password said the access denied and I check the
log for the log.windowsclient the log said windows$
cannot be found

now I added the windows$ they said multiple conection
has been detected or access denied the user cannot be
found

my windows computer name is windowsclient

is anyone know how to fix the problem ?

many thanks in advance

you need to disconnect any mapped network drives before attempting to do so....

--
Phil Scarratt
Draxsen Technologies