<quote who="Terry Collins">

> > Add the '-r' option to the startup of syslog (check /etc/init.d/sysklogd
> > - at least in debian)
>
> aah, that bit I know, but the rest seems to depend on an exact combination
> of putting your right foot on your left shoulder, little finger in.......,
> etc, etc, and perusing the doco just isn't clear.
>
> I just didn't see anything from the remote boxen in this case. Everyone
> when it doesn't just work.

On your syslog receiving box, just add -r to the syslogd invocation, as
described above.

On your syslog sending boxes, just add a syslog destination line to
syslog.conf, same as usual, but instead of specifying a log file, specify a
logging host with @hostname (which you should probably add to /etc/hosts).

man syslogd has a whole section on support for remote logging, which is
pretty clear (at least on unstable, perhaps the woody one is poop, haven't
checked).

- Jeff

                 "No shit, [EMAIL PROTECTED]" - Mr. Bad