> Dear list,
>
> Before I reinvent the wheel.  I am looking at using VNC to control Win98
> boxen remotely.
>
> I need a firewall / router for basic protection, is there any cheap
routers
> eg DLink that are worth it?
>
> It is easy enough to just use IPTables but is there a template /
> pre-written rules floating around.

I have Linux kernel version 2.4.20.

I am using templates. You may find these at,

http://www.acay.com.au/~oscarp/howto

There are two scripts:

1. 'firewall-2.4.sh' is fired up with 'start', 'stop', or 'restart'
as required, as follows:

firewall-2.4.sh start.

2. 'rc.firewall-2.4' is the script that kicks off when script
on '1.' is selected with a 'start' parameter

Please note to modify 'rc.firewall-2.4' for your requirements.

Please also note Linux Kernel version requirements and
all  legal stuff as indicated within these scripts.

Oscar Plameras
http://www.acay.com.au/~oscarp/disclaimer.html