Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've disabled the firewall in both Mandrake and Red Hat, but to no avail.

I'll try the suggestions in that link, but I'm pretty sure I've been through most of the stuff on the sourceforge site.

Does anyone know what happens during login? I.e. what bpalogin/bids2login actually does??