Works just fine with my Dynalink VQE1456 (model No from memory). Perhaps
lookup the manufacturer's site to see if you can find a technical manual
that lists the supported commands, particularly the voice ones and use a
terminal program such as minicom to just try them out manually - at the
very least it should tell you what it can and can't do.

One thing... sometimes the default output device doesen't make sense, when
using the 'vm' command eg 'vm play'. Actually, the 'vm' command is
completely independent of the vgetty binary, it just uses the config to
find out which modem to talk to which is probably how the test suite uses
it.

Of course... have you tried something basic like getting the modem to
dialup something?

--
Electronic Hobyist, Former Arcadia BBS nut, Occasonal nudist,