Infopackets Gazette: October 01, 2003

NOTE: This newsletter has been truncated to ensure timely delivery to
Readers and to reduce web server bandwidth consumption.

The original newsletter was produced in HTML format, contains graphics,
and is available online the Infopackets web site. To view the newsletter
in its entirety, click below:

http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/20031001.htm

... Or, scroll through this email to quickly browse the contents.

> In this Issue

--> Feature Article: 3Planesoft Screensavers Review

--> Visitor Feedback: Microsoft Flight Simulator + WinTasks?

--> On this Day in History

--> Bob's free Software Picks of the Day

--> Advertise with us!

--> Subscription management: subscribe, remove, etc.

> Is there an easy way to backup your files?

Absolutely!

ZipBackup's Wizard makes backing up a snap for beginners, while offering
advanced options such as filtering and disk spanning. Best of all:
ZipBackup uses powerful Zip technology to quickly and efficiently compress
your data!

Find out how!

http://www.infopackets.com/articles/zipbackup.htm

> Feature Article

Title: 3Planesoft Screensavers Review
Category: Windows
by Jake Ludington, columnist
http://www.jakeludington.com

Screensavers remain a popular way to personalize Windows, despite the
advent of energy saving technology eliminating the need for the screen to
remain turned while the computer is idle.

Back in the early days of screensavers, the "flying toasters" screensaver
was considered a creative innovation. Today, 3D environments, rivaling
graphics from some of the best computer games available, are making an
impact while the computer screen sits idle. 3Planesoft, a new screensaver
company, now uses 3D graphics card technologies and takes screensavers to a
whole new level.

3Planesoft makes six 3D screensaver products -- all with outstanding
detail. Multiple angles, creative lighting, realistic sounds, smooth
motion, and interesting transitions will keep you staring at the screen to
see what comes next. My all-time personal favorites are Galleon 3D
Screensaver and Watermill 3D Screensaver (pictures below, online web
site).

... Click to read the rest of this article online:

http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/20031001.htm

> Hate filling out online forms? Can't remember passwords?

Let RoboForm remember your form data, so you don't have to!

RoboForm is free (up to 30 passcards), contains no Spyware, and is
completely safe to use!

" RoboForm has completely changed my life for the better. Many thanks to
you [for another great software recommendation]! " ~ Infopackets Gazette
Reader Nigel R. | Nottingham, England.

Click here to download the latest version of RoboForm now:

http://www.infopackets.com/articles/roboform.htm

Or, Click to read all about RoboForm's features:

http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/20030424.htm#feature

> Visitor Feedback

Title: Microsoft Flight Simulator + WinTasks?
Category: Windows
by Dennis Faas, infopackets editor
http://www.infopackets.com

Infopackets Gazette Reader Anthony Y. writes:

" Dear Dennis,

I'm a newbie and am particularly interested in flight simulation.

I have an old hand-me-down gateway 2000 Pentium II 350mhz with Windows 98
Second Edition freshly installed.

>From what I understand, I cannot run Microsoft Flight Simulation (MFS)
2004
or even 2002 on this machine. I just finished reading yesterday's article
on WinTasks 4 Professional ... and was wondering if Li Utilities Wintasks 4
Pro + Winbackup + SpeedUpMyPC can enhance this old machine and make it fast
enough to play at least MFS 2000?

Cordially, Anthony Y. "

My Response:

In order to correctly answer your question, I would need to know the
hardware prerequisites for each version of Microsoft Flight Simulation.

I did some digging on Google and found that MS Flight Sim 2000 requires at
least a Pentium 166 MHz processor, 32 meg RAM for Windows 9x machines, and
an optional 3D graphics accelerator card. For MS Flight Sim 2002, the
minimum requirements are a 300 MHz processor, 64 meg RAM, and an 8 meg 3D
graphics card.

... Click to read the rest of this article online:

http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/20031001.htm#visitorfeedback

> What kind of person would be interested in the Windows Registry?

Is it for techies? Or is it for the curious?

The Windows Registry is a database where all the information about your
computer is stored: everything from colors, installed applications, or
changes you make in Control Panel, are included in the registry database.
If you want to extend the customization of Windows, you'll need to
understand the Registry, and how it works.

Find out now -- no techy skills required!

http://www.infopackets.com/articles/systemregistry.htm

> On this Day in History

On this Day in History -- October 01

Famous people born on this day:

--> 1881, William Edward Boeing, founded aircraft company.

--> 1920, Walter Matuschanskavasky - aka Walter Matthau, actor.

--> 1924, Jimmy Carter, (Mr. Peanut) 39th President from (1976 - 1980).

--> 1928, George Peppard, actor (I love it when a plan comes together).

--> 1928, Lawrence Harvey

--> 1935, Julie Andrews, actress.

Events on this day in history:

--> 1851, First Hawaiian stamps issued.

--> 1869, First postcards are issued in Vienna.

--> 1896, Yosemite becomes a National Park.

--> 1898, Henry Huntington buys the Los Angeles Railway.

--> 1903, First World Series starts between the National & American
Leagues.

--> 1908, Henry Ford introduces the Model T car.

--> 1960, Nigeria gains its independence.

--> 1962, Johnny Carson hosts his first Tonight Show.

--> 1964, San Francisco's Cable Cars declared a National Landmark.

--> 1971, Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida opens.

And don't forget...

--> NASA discloses, that each astronaut suit costs 3.4 Million, (Yeah, and
I bet they bought the hammer for $900 too!)

--> Independence Day, celebrated in Nigeria.

> Bob's Free Software picks of the Day

Category: Windows Software
by Bob Helmer
http://www.shellcity.net

XP SysPad

XP SysPad is a launcher which makes access to Windows system utilities its
specialty. All of the prime Windows system info and utilites such as the
individual control panel applets, can be launched with the click of one
button, which makes it easier than hunting around the explorer pane or
waiting for menus to fold out. For convenience, it also can minimize itself
to the system tray. It launches over 100 functions in all! The program is
very small with a minute memory footprint, and makes no changes to your
system registry whatsoever and comes with uninstaller.

... Click to read the rest of this article online:

http://www.infopackets.com/gazette/20031001.htm

> Want to advertise in this newsletter?

The Infopackets Gazette is enjoyed by over 150,000+ readers and growing
rapidly!

For complete details about advertising, including general statistics and
demographics:

http://www.infopackets.com/articles/advertise.htm

Copyright (c) infopackets.com | Computer 411

No Portion of this Newsletter may be copied without the express written
consent of the publisher.

---

To subscribe to our newsletter, or to read past issues:

http://www.infopackets.com/windows+newsletter.htm

---

To remove or change your subscription information, visit:

http://www.infopackets.com/remove+change+email.htm