On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 12:20 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 02-10-2003 10:36:19 AM:
> > Hi All,
> > I have found a little more information, that I am hoping someone can
>
> help
>
> > me correct.
> > I put the logging in cups upto debug, I get no error message in there,
>
> but
>
> > what I do get specifically is:
> >
> > D [02/Oct/2003:10:31:57 +1000] gs command: cat
> >
> > Why would be gs command be cat? that would explain why the printer is
> > printing Postscript info, but I cannot find where this is being called
> > from.
> >
> > Does anyone have any pointers?
>
> I fixed the problem, so I'm posting my results if anyone is interested.
> There seemed to be a problem with the HP 710 ppd that comes with
> cupsomatic-ppd
> So I went to www.linuxprinting.org and download the ppd for the hp 7130,
> and also downloaded foomatic-rip & foomatic-wrapper, and it works.
>
> Scott

Well done :-)  I went quiet coz I didn't have a clue where to go after my
suggestions.  In my experience CUPS+foomatic Just Works(tm).  I guess your
solution would be useful for other printers too.  It's good to know you can
just insert an updated ppd - I might do this with HP2100 and Kyocera 3800
drivers on my lapdog.

Thanks for the follow-up.  I was curious as to how it worked out for you :)

--James
A random quote of nothing:

The onset and the waning of love make themselves felt in the uneasiness
experienced at being alone together.
                -- Jean de la Bruyere