Hi,

Recently, there has been some discussion on the lists about the level of
participation in SLUG, and a call to encourage involvement. One of the
comments we've received is that the discussions of the SLUG committee
are carried out on a closed list, and therefore quite opaque to most people
- making it harder to join in.

As a way to correct this, we've decided to move most of our SLUG discussions
from the committee list to an open list, and only keep the minimum (banking
arrangements, for example) on the committee list. Rather than create a new
list, we've changed the charter of the Festies list to 'Organisation and
discussion of SLUG, meetings, "Fests" and workshop events.', and renamed the
list to 'activities' (a small name change, to reflect the change in focus).

This changeover was done today, and the new address is
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' ([EMAIL PROTECTED] will still work).

If you'd like to get more involved in SLUG and the organisation of
future activities please join [EMAIL PROTECTED] via the mailing
lists link on the slug website (http://lists.slug.org.au).

Cheers,
Jan ( and the SLUG committee)
--
Jan Schmidt                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]