Using Debian Woody and trying to get X running on a S3 Savage4 video
card(not much choice), which has some problems.

What I would like to know is;
1) Where under debian are Xconfigurator, XF86setup, etc - those
wonderful x configuration/setup tools that I enjoyed (yes) under Redhat?

2) What is the app that allows you to choose from the installed
xservers? . Yes, I know all it does it make a symbolic link, but <shrug>

3) Is there a similar package that swaps the framebuffer from the kernel
to hardware?

4) how to install a .deb package that I have downloaded?

TIA

--
   Terry Collins {:-)}}} email: terryc at woa.com.au  www:
http://www.woa.com.au