Paul Forrester wrote:
> I kicked the power lead out of my RH9 development box yesterday and
> since then the desktop and panel icons on the gnome desktop are
> broken..
>
> No panel icons and the system's desktop icons are replaced with blank
> page icon..
>
> Anyone seen this before and has a remedy?

I've seen this with Gnome 1.0 before. I couldn't be bothered fiddling around
so I just wiped out my .gnome and .gnome-session directories. Of course,
this reset my preferences and I had to start again though. C'est la vie....
I suppose if you had the inclination you might try and fiddle around with
the gnome dotfiles themelves by taking deltas between a working
configuration and your current non-working one. Also, have you checked in
/lost+found to check whether your original (maybe non-corrupted dotfiles are
available there)?

Binh.