I spent a fair amount of last year un employed, some of these recruiting
companies wasted my time and lots of my dwindling cash reserves (flying from
Brisbane to Sydney). For jobs that I think were dubious to begin with.

I spent a lot of time thinking about creating a website with information
about each of the recruiting companies and which ones were ok and which ones
were not (some of them are good).

I think what a lot of these companies are doing is illegal under the Trade
Practices Act. And I am still pissed off enough a year later to want to
catch some of them at it.

Some of my favourite experiences were recruitment companies changing my
resume and introducing so many spelling mistakes it came up in an interview,
when I looked at it in my interview blankly wondering who's it was. They say
yes they are very interested in you and we will call you next week and then
nothing and they consultant suddenly wont take your call. Some one asked for
unix experience and I rang up the was relating to the Unix expert consultant
my experience in IRIX, I was told 'IRIX what's that, um unix you know,
solaris'.

Sigh.
Ben de Luca