On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 09:34, Del wrote:
> David Uzzell wrote:
> > I sent an email to the Asterisk mailling list and got few and varied
> >
> > I would be intrested in finding out if there are SLUG members using or
> > deploying asterisk in australia?
>
> No, but I'm about to.

Me too.

> > Would also be intrested in sucess/failure stories on deployment of ISDN
> > cards to run with asterisk?
>
> The one you're supposed to use is the new one from Digium, the
> TE410P.  Apparently it works fine in Australia.  It may be overkill
> if you don't need 4 ISDN ports but it works and it's not super
> expensive(*).  Theoretically the E100P should work as well but I've
> heard of problems with it.  This is just of the various Asterisk
> mailing lists.

I've heard success stories also with the AVM!FritzCard (Austel Approved)
which is worth approximately $350 (last time I was quoted). I've been
told (check the Asterisk mailing list archives) that the NetJet ISDN
cards (about half the price of the AVM!FritzCard) have some echo
problems and don't have CAPI support, so I'm leaning towards getting the
AVM.

As for phones, I'm looking at getting a hardware SIP phone from
http://www.chagres.net/products/voip/phones.html or I'll just use the
X-Lite/X-Pro client from Xten (www.xten.com).

I've been researching and testing Asterisk for the last week so the
above is just some outcome of the research I conducted.

HTH.

Regards,
Gonzalo