I'm trying to normalise the way dhcpd starts on our server (RH7.2); it was started
from rc.local with a call to the binary, and I want to see it start (as intended)
from the init script.

There was no init script, so I copied it over from another 7.2 system, chowned to
root and chmoded to 755, added it to chkconfig at run level 3, 4, and 5: everything
seems good.

However, service dhcpd start/stop/restart/status achieve absolutely nothing: the
process continues to run on "stop", and does not start on "start", and "status"
returns nothing.

The script seems very simple (although I'm far from a bash script expert), so I
don't know what is happening.

Can anyone help?

Edwin Humphries,
Ironstone Technology Pty Ltd