Hi,

I get the following error when trying to run one (a Visual Basic executable)
of our laboratory information system applications, which
have been written for Windows.

"Run-time error '458':
Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic"

I am using Red Hat Linux 9 and the Wine application to run windows
applications. I have succesfully managed to install and run Word97 and
Excel97 on this Red Hat Linux 9 machine. There is NO windows partition on
this computer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to possible workarounds? I
am definitely a novice when it comes to Linux, but I am very impressed with
what I have seen at the moment. It would be a fantastic boost for our product
if we can tell users that they can the entire application entirely on
non-windows platform. We have tools that the database server runs succesfully
on the Linux platform, but the GUI interface application only runs on
Windows.

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Peter Lambros