On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:32:01PM +1100, Grahame M. Kelly wrote:
> I am trying without much reliability to have a Netcomm 1300 + 4 ADSL
> modem running in full bridge mode with SwifDSL.com.au as the ISP.

"Full Bridge" (I presume we're talking RFC1483 bridging here) and this:

> ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol

Are somewhat counter to each other.  The typical mode of a DSL modem in a
bridging configuration is one where one of the ethernet cards is assigned
the IP address needed, and the modem is plugged into that port.  The
ethernet card then throws appropriately addressed packets out that port
(after having been told that it's default gateway is out that port,
typically) and the packets get routed nicely.

Your ethernet cards are both currently assigned reserved addresses, which is
nice but probably not what you're after here.  You'll want to reassign your
'net connection one's address to the one given by your provider.

- Matt